Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lest We Forget

source

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
      Between the crosses, row on row,
   That mark our place; and in the sky
   The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.


We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
   Loved and were loved, and now we lie
         In Flanders fields.



Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
   The torch; be yours to hold it high.
   If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
         In Flanders fields.

-Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae


everything is vintage/thrifted
This is the outfit I decided to go with. The tube skirt is my grandmother's and the top is a vintage thrift find. I felt like putting victory rolls in my hair, but I ran into a little trouble with the apartment so I didn't have time. I hope everyone has a good Veteran's Day. Let's take this time to remember and honor the fallen.



Till next time,

Jess

6 comments:

  1. Very retro-cool outfit that fits you beautifully. Yay for grandma clothing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you missus.
      Haha I LOVE that I was the only grandchild who took an interest in my grandmother's clothes/jewelry and she's given me her mother's old clothing and costume jewelry as well :)

      Delete
  2. I love your take on celebrating the holiday. Too bad you didn't get to do the victory rolls. They're always such a fun way to do hair. Have a great day, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =]. Yeahhh my car almost got towed and I had to deal with that whole fiasco. I'll just do victory rolls another time, just cause =]

      Delete
  3. You are so pretty!And you have great blog.
    I m following you now :)

    Kisses darling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm checking out yours now =]

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...