Thursday, October 4, 2012

DIY Earring Display


Problem: After a long day of sitting on my butt and occasionally getting up to go to the bathroom, I take my jewelry off in the bathroom and just toss it to the side of the counter. By the end of the week it is a cluster of shiny stuck together valuables (by valuables I mean 1 dollar earrings that start chipping after 3 uses).
Solution: Yeah, yeah so I could have a little chest in my bathroom where I could put them in, but my jewelry boxes are big and bulky and I don’t want them in there to get splattered on (Get on with it Jess). Ok! So I’ve been on a “things to do with picture frames” kick and decided to create an earring display using that!
Materials Needed:
  • 8x10 picture frame (I liked this size and got a black one to match the decor at *Wally World for $3.00)
  • Picture frame hanging wire (I found this at Wally World for $2.97)
  • Staple gun
  • earrings
*Wally World is our slang for Walmart.
MOVING ON
Step Uno: Take the back out of the picture frame and untangle the wire (“Jessica this was an unnecessary step, it’s common sense”…To this I answer, why do you think McDonald’s has to write, “Caution Hot!” on their coffee mugs?)
*by the way that weird, brown thing to the left is a piece of steak…
Step deux!: Pick a spot near the top of the frame where you want to start stapling the wire to the frame. (I started up closer to the top so I could have more room to let the earrings dangle)
Step three: Just keep measuring down the distance you want in between each line of hanging wire (I used my earrings to measure how far apart I wanted them). When stapling, I left a little excess wire to wrap around the staple for extra hold.
Step 4: Just keep doing that until you have used up the whole frame! I only ended up having 3 rows of the wire, but you do what you want.
Et VOILA! PRESTO! OOM PAPA MOW MOW!
If you want the picture frame to be a different color, I'd paint it and let it dry before you started the project.

Enjoy =]


Jess

3 comments:

  1. Im totally going to have to make this! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you're welcome! I'm glad you like it =]

      Delete
  2. In today's times every person wants to have rolex datejust watches
    which is specially fabricated for them. Women are extremely possessive when it comes to their fashion replica catier jewellery online and obviously they donot like to disclose their fashion statement to any other women. In a race to have exclusive things, the demand of designer waterproof jackets has considerably gone up over the past few years. Designer discount gucci handbags allow you to liberate yourself from someone else's choice and select exclusive things not to be found cheap chanel shopping anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...