Saturday, October 6, 2012

How Ramen Saved My Life

Yesterday my rumbling tummy led me to the kitchen in search of some scrub. I opened up my top cabinets and stared disappointingly upon the endless horizon of Campbell's Vegetable Soup cans. I wasn't much in the mood for more vegetable soup, but I also wasn't much in the mood to go to the store at the time either, so I went to the other set of cabinets in search of the ramen. As I was waist deep in the cabinet reaching for the packaged noodles, the vegetable soup cans must have sensed my disloyalty, and immediately bounded from the cabinet onto the floor making a huge ruckus! Luckily no harm was done except for a few self inflicted wounds on the vegetable soup cans. 
As for my outfit, I wore a dress that I got from a friend that I love, but don't wear all that often. It's just that the skirt is really short and the chest is more exposed than I'd like. I love the florals and the shape it gives, but it's really inconvenient if there's any sort of wind or I have to go up stairs. 
The buttons are super cute! I also love the vintage bathing suit vibe it gives me. 
This is Patrick's necklace that I wear. I believe it's amber, but it means so much to me, and I never take it off.
I got these tights at TJMAXX for $1! I was excited, because they were the color of the tights in my ModCloth wishlist, and they were definitely much cheaper than $14.99. I would recommend stores like TJMAXX if you're just looking for some plain, solid tights.
Dress:friend//Tights:TJMAXX//Ring:My mother gave me this ring for my 20th birthday//Boots:Forever 21

This is actually my makeshift coffee table! I have a heavy glass top from another table that was there on the suitcases, and I was so happy with how it turned out. Here's the full view. I'm also SUPER STOKED for Halloween as you can see in the next picture. I have some decorations up that I bought from a thrift shop for 25 cents each. I'll have to post pictures of those later =].
I also drew this little comic in history class. I heard a girl yell this comment out of a car window the other day and it inspired this:

Today I'm going to watch College Game Day and then the Carolina vs. Georgia game and pray that my friends back home in Columbia are safe and preferably stay indoors the entire weekend. Those fans are known for violence. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We're supposed to have beautiful weather and I hope you do too =].

Till next time,

Jess














3 comments:

  1. I love your dress! It looks great on you and I really like those tights! All my tights are boring black right now. I also wanted to say that I really love your necklace. I love crystals and stone jewelry.

    I hope you have fun at your game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh what a sweet comment, thank you so much! You'd think I had blinking lights on my legs, because everyone just stared at them, haha! I'm glad I got out of my comfort zone of blending in with everyone and bought them though.

      Delete
  2. This dress is too cute! Love the color of your tights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave me a comment =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...